Changes to Castle Mall in accordance with the New South Wales Government issued lockdown – 23 August 2021
The New South Wales Government has extended the hard lockdown currently in place in Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong until at least 12:01am Thursday 30 September.
While Castle Mall will remain open and trading during this lockdown, serving the essential needs of those that choose to visit us, there are a number of restrictions impacting specific retailers at the centre.
The following essential goods and services are permitted to continue to trade during this time:
Please note that our café and restaurant retailers are permitted to remain open, offering takeaway and home delivery services only.
All other stores are considered non-essential and must close for trade from 11:59pm on Saturday 17 July. For further details on this latest development, please visit the New South Wales Government’s COVID-19 website: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx.
Please make sure to use the QR codes available throughout the Centre to check-in the next time you visit us.
If you do not have a smart phone, please manually sign in on the iPad opposite Castle Mall Pharmacy Compounding Chemist on Level 1.
For further details on what this lockdown means for you, we encourage you to visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx.
Mandatory face masks
If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face mask at all times when visiting our Centre, unless:
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring a face mask with you the next time you visit Castle Mall.
We also ask for your continued support in making sure Castle Mall continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this time.
Keeping you safe at Castle Mall
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Castle Mall. These include:
• Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
• Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances for our entire community to access.
• Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Contactless wayfinding, available at our Centre directories, allowing you to scan a QR code on your mobile to find any store in the Centre.
How you can help
While visiting Castle Mall, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
• Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
• Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
• Wearing a mask – If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face mask.
• Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
• Adhere to capacity guidelines – currently in NSW the one in four square metre rule applies. Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance.
We ask for your support in ensuring Castle Mall continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit NSW Health's website here.
We remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Castle Mall.
• Acting with kindness – we ask for your support in ensuring Castle Mall continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
• Using the NSW Check In App – we encourage you to check in at Castle Mall, as well as any retailers you visit, next time you are at the Centre by using the Check In NSW app to scan the QR codes available to you.